Sinovac vaccine produced "lesser antibodies than...
.. those who recovered on their own"

"But enough for recovery"

Sinovac's late stage trials "were not meant to test the efficacy of the vaccine" (which i find strange. If its not meant to test efficacy, what is it meant for?)

Heard the above from CNA 938 a while ago
Hope the above info does not dampen hopes on Sinovac vaccine since it claims to be 98% effective and the leading contender in the vaccine race against covid19
Meaning no data to support it works. Not even testing data in china itself. Sell Koyo style say medicine gooda.
The trial in Bangladesh which claimed to be larger than the trail in Indonesia has this reported by the "Bangladeshi universities and research organisations" in their University World News

Quote:Efficacy concerns

.....Sinovac’s CoronaVac vaccine has already been (used) ...to vaccinate high-risk groups such as medical staff.... Officially, little information has been released...

As of 24 September, there have been almost 354,000 cases and 5,044 deaths from COVID-19 in Bangladesh. ......

Three leading immunologists have also questioned the vaccine-candidate’s effectiveness. .... expressed concerns about the safety of the Sinovac vaccine trial in Bangladesh and raised questions about its effectiveness, in particular pointing to claims that the Sinovac vaccine has not induced neutralising antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 which causes COVID-19.

“It seems that those ICDDRB scientists are biased (non-scientifically) to this vaccine candidate, which induces poor antibody titers,” they wrote in an opinion piece in Bangladesh’s English language daily Dhaka Tribune.

Titers are laboratory tests that measure the presence and number of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease.

They said neutralising antibody levels induced by Sinova’s candidate vaccine are much lower compared to convalescent sera (23.8 to 65.4 by vaccination compared to 163.7 in convalescent sera), even significantly decreased in the oldest group of individuals (59 years old).

They also added that “clearly, no T cell responses have been reported.”

https://www.universityworldnews.com/post...6092502672
[+] 1 user Likes Revealer's post
Cool. Still how come china dun have their own people testing data leh?
Quote:Coronavirus vaccine trials won’t tell us if they save lives, prevent serious illness or stop transmission – here’s why

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-...why-148470

Ah tiong style of doing things. Any how hamtam!Many kenna severe side effects
and quite a few mati!
The right way to test is to inject 2 groups of similar mixed of people.one with placebo and the other with Vaccine.

The sample size should be 30k for each group.

Then wait for people to get inflected.

Once you reach 100 people infected.

Count how many from each group
If 95-5 means 95% effective...if 50-50 means not effective at all.

Where is the China data for trial?
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
Indonesia is facing problem.. they are unable to start mass vaccination as scheduled in December. Because SINOVAC could not produce the data of the tests, not until January 2021.

The Indonesia authority is prepared to certify the vaccine for emergency use
Quote: if the Chinese can trigger an antibody response in at least 50 per cent of the volunteers who were given the vaccine shots. https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asi...ts-mps-say
Warning: My posts may contain unconfirmed information from NTD, 新纪元, Twitter etc. You are advised not to open them should you find them offensive.

18-11-2020 1:27 PM
bw2013 said:
.. those who recovered on their own"

"But enough for recovery"

Sinovac's late stage trials "were not meant to test the efficacy of the vaccine" (which i find strange. If its not meant to test efficacy, what is it meant for?)

Heard the above from CNA 938 a while ago

i think safety more important than efficacy. dont later haven kenna the acutal covid already lying in hospital icu. bearing in mind, those who are prioritised to take the vaccine are the old and the at-risk group with lowered immunity.
[+] 2 users Like Observers's post
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)