The best students in the world
[Image: 813685.jpeg]

The results are in for the OECD's latest global test of 15-year-olds in math, science, and reading.

The results are in for the OECD’s latest global test of 15-year-olds in math, science, and reading. The test, known as PISA (for Programme for International Student Assessment), is administered every three years and used—by some—to measure which countries are best preparing their students for the future.

Once again, Asian countries came out on top. In the latest test, China and Singapore ranked first and second, respectively, in math, science, and reading. Elsewhere, Estonia is noteworthy for its performance, ranking highly in all three subjects.

https://qz.com/1759506/pisa-2018-results...the-world/
Singapore registered a mean score of 549 for reading, 569 for mathematics and 551 for science, similar to its scores in 2015 of 535 for reading, 564 for mathematics and 556 for science. 

In comparison, China outperformed the Republic, getting a mean score of 555 for reading, 591 for mathematics and 590 for science.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ch...-pisa-test
I think someone told me singapore send their gifted students for the test and others send ordinary students because they do not have programmes to separate out the gifted ones.
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
3-12-2019 9:19 PM
sgbuffett said:
I think someone told me singapore send their gifted students for the test and others send ordinary students because they do not have programmes to separate out the gifted ones.

That's not true.

Neighborhood schools also participate.
[Image: CmGwQK6.jpg]
3-12-2019 9:19 PM
sgbuffett said:

if all are gifted students our scores shd be perfect liao, especially in readings.
3-12-2019 9:16 PM
orlando said:
Singapore registered a mean score of 549 for reading, 569 for mathematics and 551 for science, similar to its scores in 2015 of 535 for reading, 564 for mathematics and 556 for science. 

In comparison, China outperformed the Republic, getting a mean score of 555 for reading, 591 for mathematics and 590 for science.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/ch...-pisa-test

To score 2nd place in a world ranking is impressive enough..... notworthy notworthy
4-12-2019 10:07 AM
olivia said:
[Image: CmGwQK6.jpg]

even us, uk, Australia and canada aso do well because of asian immigrants? but kena pulled down a bit by stuka's cousins?
useless lah.........

all smart one end up become the PAP slaves only. Big smile
yalo. actually scholarships, med and law sch placements shdnt be given to the very top students.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)