This is not a financial Crisis. No monetary nor Fisical Policy will help WuHanVirus..
So..my conclusion is
Govt is throwing Good money away into wrong hole.

Unlike Financial crisis we can use money to fight money.

This is virus. Fight with protection amd lockdown. Not fight with Money.
All My Posts are Fake News and Comments are Untrue. [Image: i2C2ng7.jpg]
Fiscal policy do help.
Bye bye Kiss
Can it deter away the Great Depression 2.0.........? Thinking
26-3-2020 6:51 PM
TalkingStock said:
Fiscal policy do help.

It is very hard for SIA to survive this covid-19, as it had 96% of it's fleet of aircraft grounded.... Crying Crying Crying
As news reported SIA contributed just 5% of Sg economy (not sure how they derive the %) there are other industry that make up Singapore.

Have some help is better than none. Plus a lot of hints that we will upgrade to lockdown eventually and food price will climb as it is. Gov hv to do more to ensure food safety right now while stop the spread of fear and convid at same time.

Not an easy task
Alamak, the additional $48B is not to help the virus. It is to help the workers, the employers, and businesses. Big Grin

The virus no need money Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes maipenrai's post
26-3-2020 6:47 PM
David Rasif said:
So..my conclusion is
Govt is throwing Good money away into wrong hole.

Unlike Financial crisis we can use money to fight money.

This is virus. Fight with protection amd lockdown. Not fight with Money.

Many countries already came out with stimulus packages. What will be next?
We can see the infected around the world are still increasing every day.
26-3-2020 6:57 PM
debono said:
It is very hard for SIA to survive this covid-19, as it had 96% of it's fleet of aircraft grounded.... Crying Crying Crying

Govt will bailout SIA through Temasek. Just inject a few billion into SIA & even if there is no businesses for 1 yr will still be no problem.
Ex-Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke also said about the same thing: the coronavirus economic halt is more like a natural disaster than an economic depression.

“The Great Depression, for one thing, lasted for 12 years, and it came from human problems,”.

“If we don’t get the public health right,” no Fed monetary policy or Washington fiscal package is going to work.

You got copycat anot? Big Grin
26-3-2020 9:36 PM
maipenrai said:
Ex-Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke also said about the same thing: the coronavirus economic halt is more like a natural disaster than an economic depression.

“The Great Depression, for one thing, lasted for 12 years, and it came from human problems,”.

“If we don’t get the public health right,” no Fed monetary policy or Washington fiscal package is going to work.

You got copycat anot? Big Grin

Ben copied me
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)