What you miss eating this CNY ?
It must be age catching up on me. This CNY despite numerous visitations I have not tasted a single piece of "Nian Kaw" (brown glutinous rice cake)..... especially fried with a couple of sweet potatoes or yam slices.

Just thinking about this traditional snack brought joy & tears to me. I thank God for a loving mom who taught me how to fry this snack. I used to be the one frying this snack for our CNY breakfast.

Have a wonderful weekend and fruitful week ahead.
9-2-2019 6:27 PM
Unker888 said:
It must be age catching up on me. This CNY despite numerous visitations I have not tasted a single piece of "Nian Kaw" (brown glutinous rice cake)..... especially fried with a couple of sweet potatoes or yam slices.

Just thinking about this traditional snack brought joy & tears to me. I thank God for a loving mom who taught me how to fry this snack. I used to be the one frying this snack for our CNY breakfast.

Unker!! 245

Just googer 鸡蛋煎年糕的做法步骤 ... Happy
The spirit of CNY is losing out to those days. Crying
Laughing
This year we boil nian kaw to make it slimy and throw it at each other before having s.ex..
This year my cny theme is aquaman 海参,鲍鱼,西洋海笋,扇贝, snapper ...
Needless to say we watch aquaman after the meal ...
9-2-2019 6:27 PM
Unker888 said:

You can buy and fry yourself
Most people keep it for 15 days first
what goes around comes around
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)