Why is Kuan Yin Temple so crowded today?
2-8-2020 12:32 AM
MrMarket said:
Next Saturday 8 August 2020 is Goddess of Mercy 2nd birthday 19th day of 6th lunar month.
Temple is open for devotees 7 August to 9 August.
Entry is by ticket only, applied through email ( I think now all tickets taken up)
No flowers or fruits offering, but donations are welcome.
Only 50 people are allowed at a time.... no kneeling, no Chiam asking.
Social distancing at all times, and masks on.

Ok I will take note of it.
This morning area around Waterloo Temple is super crowded. Because it is Goddess Birthday today.

But you need a ticket to go in....
Chinese papers reported that the day the Temple announced that you needed to apply for a ticket via email, to enter Temple from 7 August to 10 August, tickets were snapped up in one hour after the announcement!

Each day, from 7 to 10 August, Temple allowed only 1,500 devotees to enter, 750 in the morning session, 750 in the afternoon. Only 50 persons at a time.... and no kneeling, no offerings of fruits or sweets, or flowers.... no asking for chiam advice...but donations of any amount is welcome.... each group of 50 only allowed 10 minutes of prayers, including time to enter and exit.

Still massive crowds of people stand outside Temple to offer prayers....contributing to jams
Raw Video doesn’t lie; Liberal Journalism does.
guan yin shd ask the devotees to stay at home and just pray out of the window.
8-8-2020 11:55 AM
OLT said:
Like that the bio chu will go hungry when devotees did not go and tong yew (donate oil)......... Thinking

Laughing
8-8-2020 12:05 PM
Huliwang said:
Like that the bio chu will go hungry when devotees did not go and tong yew (donate oil)......... Thinking

paynow.. shiiuuuu! vey fast.

Laughing
8-8-2020 11:55 AM
OLT said:

Why don’t you just pray to your God from your toilet
And say your prayers as you s.h.i.t?
8-8-2020 12:30 PM
BlueBull said:
Why don’t you just pray to your God from your toilet
And say your prayers as you s.h.i.t?

coz i am not as shitty as u?

Rolling on the flor laughing
8-8-2020 11:17 AM
MrMarket said:
This morning area around Waterloo Temple is super crowded. Because it is Goddess Birthday today.

But you need a ticket to go in....
Chinese papers reported that the day the Temple announced that you needed to apply for a ticket via email, to enter Temple from 7 August to 10 August, tickets were snapped up in one hour after the announcement!

Each day, from 7 to 10 August, Temple allowed only 1,500 devotees to enter, 750 in the morning session, 750 in the afternoon. Only 50 persons at a time.... and no kneeling, no offerings of fruits or sweets, or flowers.... no asking for chiam advice...but donations of any amount is welcome.... each group of 50 only allowed 10 minutes of prayers, including time to enter and exit.

Still massive crowds of people stand outside Temple to offer prayers....contributing to jams

I went there around 8am plus.
Stood outside and silently pray ...
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)