Why many people dont like pap?
#21
22-2-2021 7:41 PM
Goldmine said:
There had always been a desire for opposition voice since our 1st GE after independence. However opposition cadidates then had not been successful due to their quality. The quality of oppies candidates of today and yester-years are world apart. Yesteryears we have Tom, d-ck and Harry kind of opposition candidates opposing for the sake of opposition. Today's oppies are highly educated.

In the old days, 80% of the voters had never been to school. Of the other 20% who had, 10% only had a few years of schooling in a kampung primary school. Of the remaining 10%, those who had a university degree were few and far between. It was either SU (Singapore University, the forerunner of NUS) or Nantah. Dr Tan Cheng Bock was considered an elite of his days, as was Chiam See Tong.

From that population, you can't get a lot of well educated oppies.

Today, 100% of our youths are attending school. People now have diplomas, degrees, masters and even PhDs, so much so that it is a lot harder to find jobs for them. Finding a job as a factory hand, machine operator, store man etc was easier. In a way, LKY had an easier job than PM Lee. That's job finding. But in GE, LKY also had an easier time because his opponents were not well educated save for a few like Dr Lee Siew Choh, JBJ...

So yeahhh, when Chen Show Mao appeared, WP snagged Aljunied. He turned out to be not so good, but WP managed to get the GRC. Then, when Jamus appeared, WP snagged SK. Turned out to be also not so good. I doubt LKY would be impressed by Jamus.
Quote
#22
Behind keyboard all like heros,
Face reality all become zeros.
See those oppies, during election, all blow trumpet loud loud
Now in parliament all so dull.
Quote
#23
22-2-2021 7:54 PM
Yanghua said:
In the old days, 80% of the voters had never been to school. Of the other 20% who had, 10% only had a few years of schooling in a kampung primary school. Of the remaining 10%, those who had a university degree were few and far between. It was either SU (Singapore University, the forerunner of NUS) or Nantah. Dr Tan Cheng Bock was considered an elite of his days, as was Chiam See Tong.

From that population, you can't get a lot of well educated oppies.

Today, 100% of our youths are attending school. People now have diplomas, degrees, masters and even PhDs, so much so that it is a lot harder to find jobs for them. Finding a job as a factory hand, machine operator, store man etc was easier. In a way, LKY had an easier job than PM Lee. That's job finding. But in GE, LKY also had an easier time because his opponents were not well educated save for a few like Dr Lee Siew Choh, JBJ...

So yeahhh, when Chen Show Mao appeared, WP snagged Aljunied. He turned out to be not so good, but WP managed to get the GRC. Then, when Jamus appeared, WP snagged SK. Turned out to be also not so good. I doubt LKY would be impressed by Jamus.


Nah, LKY Period is the Toughest FYI . Opposition is STONG Than currently what WP, SDP , etc

the Most influence is Lim , whenever he come out a lot supporters cheering etc . LKY does take notice of him " play cheat etc " end of the day win
than summon the " arrest fix the opposition "

Than LKY hold the ruling power he also have lots of things to settle , how to get profits, etc etc to grow SG till now
and also ensure his party PAP " always win in the GE "

LHL ??? he just FREE RIDER , yet call others Free rider ???? EVERYTHING already nice nice for him take over

DO NOTE before he become PM , Goh , etc already settle make it even nicer comfortable let him take over as PM


Actually I pity Heng , " if " he take over PM as he current is deputy PM

because LHL just dump the mess he created to him clear
thumbs up $$$$Happy to be Foreveralone because I'm $Rich$$$$ Embarrassed
Researcher in Social Science + Politics
Quote
#24
22-2-2021 7:49 PM
EMPulse said:
Then why not the highly educated join PAP instead of the alternative parties like in the 80s or 90s. Or is this the outcome of policy direction that PAP has taken since Mr Goh Chok Tong’s and later Mr Lee Hsien Loong’s tenure.


Why wld they want to join PAP when their desire is to be an alternative voice in parliament and to perform the check and balance function.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post
Quote
#25
22-2-2021 7:59 PM
[[ForeverAlone]] said:
Nah, LKY Period is the Toughest FYI . Opposition is STONG Than currently what WP, SDP , etc

the Most influence is Lim , whenever he come out a lot supporters cheering etc . LKY does take notice of him " play cheat etc " end of the day win
than summon the " arrest fix the opposition "

Than LKY hold the ruling power he also have lots of things to settle , how to get profits, etc etc to grow SG till now
and also ensure his party PAP " always win in the GE "

LHL ??? he just FREE RIDER , yet call others Free rider ???? EVERYTHING already nice nice for him take over

DO NOTE before he become PM , Goh , etc already settle make it even nicer comfortable let him take over as PM


Actually I pity Heng , " if " he take over PM as he current is deputy PM

because LHL just dump the mess he created to him clear

Dump the mess? That's not Singapore's reputation around the world.
Quote
#26
22-2-2021 8:02 PM
Goldmine said:
Why wld they want to join PAP when their desire is to be an alternative voice in parliament and to perform the check and balance function.


If PAP's policy benefits most of the population, there will not be strong public desire for have alternative voices. The opposition in 80s and 90s struggled to come up with a coherent message or policy alternatives. This changes in 2011 where there are strong sentiment against ever increasing foreigner population, high HDB prices, cost of living and medical cost inflation for elderly. This abates in 2015 when the PAP performed well following many changes they introduced after the National Conversation and WP almost lost Aljunied. However come 2020, PAP start to get complacent again and the issue of high foreigner population, unfair hiring policies and unhappiness over elected Presidency came to forth again. WP won Aljunied handsomely and get Sengkang.

Looking at 2011, 2015 and 2020 voting pattern, do you think Singaporean really just voted to get an opposition or because there is indeed some policy missteps that PAP made that caused them to lose support among the middle ground.
Quote
#27
22-2-2021 8:18 PM
Yanghua said:
Dump the mess? That's not Singapore's reputation around the world.

Thinking
See what BIG things LHL has done ??
Literally nothing
Only pro for CECA make the locals Pee off
And get insulted look at our elderly work as
Security guard get insulted by CECA remember

So much social problems

He just a Big free rider
thumbs up $$$$Happy to be Foreveralone because I'm $Rich$$$$ Embarrassed
Researcher in Social Science + Politics
[+] 1 user Likes [[ForeverAlone]]'s post
Quote
#28
22-2-2021 7:54 PM
Yanghua said:
In the old days, 80% of the voters had never been to school. Of the other 20% who had, 10% only had a few years of schooling in a kampung primary school. Of the remaining 10%, those who had a university degree were few and far between. It was either SU (Singapore University, the forerunner of NUS) or Nantah. Dr Tan Cheng Bock was considered an elite of his days, as was Chiam See Tong.

From that population, you can't get a lot of well educated oppies.

Today, 100% of our youths are attending school. People now have diplomas, degrees, masters and even PhDs, so much so that it is a lot harder to find jobs for them. Finding a job as a factory hand, machine operator, store man etc was easier. In a way, LKY had an easier job than PM Lee. That's job finding. But in GE, LKY also had an easier time because his opponents were not well educated save for a few like Dr Lee Siew Choh, JBJ...

So yeahhh, when Chen Show Mao appeared, WP snagged Aljunied. He turned out to be not so good, but WP managed to get the GRC. Then, when Jamus appeared, WP snagged SK. Turned out to be also not so good. I doubt LKY would be impressed by Jamus.

Yes! I agree with you. During WW2 many had to stop going to school. Hardship and poverty prevailed. Nation have to be rebuilt. Lucky we gave LKY. Housing, roads, jobs, infrastructures , seaport, airport, MNCs , financial centre all created/developed in no time changing the landscapes of Singapore. Then very few had University education. Today almost everyone had higher education. And had to compete for jobs. CV19 crisis had caused many job losses and salary cuts. Global economies are not good and in a stagnating or downward spiral. CV19 crisis will be here for a long time . The government is doing all it can. We can only pray that the CV19 be blown away quickly.
[+] 1 user Likes Goldmine's post
Quote
#29
22-2-2021 7:25 PM
EMPulse said:
Why is there a desire to have opposition voice in the parliament now? Is it really just a desire or is that an outcome from the current leader’s governing direction

1 party state is a communist system

2 party system is a dictator system under strong 1 party system(junta govt).to fool the world nation. our govt is selected by majority thru ge.

this dictator system evolve from communist system. to fool the world nation on democratic system.this political party (opp)will get pay by the ruling party.to cover imperial system form.

the opp position use to created a fault hope for citizen mind . for a change.(fake). to trap citizen community live in hardship life.





creat environmental noise to make 15k/ month and no plan for citizen welbeing.
Citizen Power Game for Citizens to work together to Build a New Social System.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/singapor...apore-f24/
Quote
#30
22-2-2021 8:22 PM
[[ForeverAlone]] said:
Thinking
See what BIG things LHL has done ??
Literally nothing
Only pro for CECA make the locals Pee off
And get insulted look at our elderly work as
Security guard get insulted by CECA remember

So much social problems

He just a Big free rider

Ceca a killer to our locals.
Many jobs lost.
Quote
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)


Forum Jump: