Woman kicked out of the bus because commuters find out she is a nurse
15-2-2020 2:32 AM
SIMTAN said:
People generally have a dread of viruses and other infectious agents. That’s why efforts urging the public to be supportive of nurses working on the front lines to nurse the sick back to health have not really succeeded. Despite taking all the necessary precautions to protect themselves, hospital workers are still perceived by many as potential carriers of viral diseases.

Humans, be they first-world or third-world citizens, have an instinct for self-preservation. And that, in a nutshell, is why an awful lot of people always keep their guard up.

Bro, you jolly well know this is fake news right? Why distract us from the main íssue?
Treeswing Treeswing Treeswing
The nurse should shoot back and tell others on the bus or MRT that if they are afraid of her, then they should get out.

The other day I was at a bus stop and saw a woman running to catch the bus. The bus captain was about to close the door and leave when I flagged it so that the woman would be able to catch it. She did and she was a nurse and I was happy to do it for her.
15-2-2020 2:42 PM
maipenrai said:
The nurse should shoot back and tell others on the bus or MRT that if they are afraid of her, then they should get out.

The other day I was at a bus stop and saw a woman running to catch the bus. The bus captain was about to close the door and leave when I flagged it so that the woman would be able to catch it. She did and she was a nurse and I was happy to do it for her.

walaneh! shock
Bro, nurses shouldn't get easily offended and retaliate against such discriminations leh! Worried
Why tarnish the image of the nursing profession by doing that leh? Thinking
15-2-2020 12:31 PM
Sentinel said:
Bro, you jolly well know this is fake news right? Why distract us from the main íssue?

You’re right – I’m one of those sceptics who doubt the credibility of what I feel is a sensationalized news story. To my mind, S’poreans have certain standards of civility, and they wouldn’t go as far as being intrusive, like peeking in a stranger’s bag in a bus and, upon discovering her nurse attire, started to chase her away. The plot that other commuters acted in unison to drive the nurse away strains credulity in our civilized country.

While the news item may be a fake one, ugly outbreaks of “nurse-phobia” have been reported in times of epidemics, and I do not question the veracity of many of those bits of news. Clearly, getting infected with pathogen is an occupational hazard for healthcare workers.

Look, no one is distracting attention from the coronavirus storyline when they talk of the phobia about nurses, which is what the main topic of conversation in this thread is all about.
you just need one incident to sensationalize it in social media. better still if got video.

most people are not like dat.

problem is even halimah got fooled.
Users browsing: 1 Guest(s)