Xiaomi TV in Singapore
Xiaomi TV is very popular in China and India but it is not in Singapore. Their flagship shop in sg does not stock Xiaomi TV at the moment. Not sure about the reason. May be our market is too small and they are busy in India and Indonesia for some reasons.

Many Singaporeans imported their Xiaomi TV from China, either package and retail them separately or buy them direct from China knowing that there are warranty problems. Most of these TV retailed has a local warranty of about 1 year. If the TV is faulty, one will have to wait more than 1 month to get it repaired provided the local retail shop is still around.

Many are attracted to buy direct from China because the price is less half that could find in Singapore; for example, a 4K UHD 65" Xiaomi TV in Lazada sg s sold for under $900/= without warranty; those with 1 year warranty may cost slightly more but still less than $1,100/=. This price is half price of that equivalent LG TV.

Some claimed that those China TVs are junks because they could not play Google Play and also 4K movies in YouTube and Netflix; moreover, the Chinese has blocked their internet services since the Trade War and many free Chinese programs are now not available to overseas audiences. Furthermore, some reported that Xiaomi TV is not as lasting and once breakdown, will get no local repairs. All these negative views are indisputable and they are true.

However, those who ventured to buy Xiaomi TV will tell that there are workarounds. Those wanted the 4K movies in Youtube or Netflix so badly can get a separate TV box for less than $90/=. Many of the favourable programs can be found in Youtube and other sites in Internet using Google Chrome and other browsers. Coming to the repairs, they will argue that the TV has only 3 component cards that one can buy them from TaoBao at less than $50/= each. Replace the cards and one would get the TV repaired. The only problem one cannot afford to repair is the TV screen but those are Samsung and LG products or equivalent Chinese products licensed to make for these companies. If one were to scout the net, one could also find similiar complains on Samsung and LG TVs.

Xiaomi started its TV manufacturing in 2013。 It broke the National record to sell 400,000 sets in one week in 2017 during the 11-11 sale. In India, its TV stocks were sold out in seconds during the launch in Feb 2018. Many claimed that to be a marketing trick. They sold about 500,000 unit in the first 6 months in 2018.

The latest is that they are coming out with TV5, the fifth generation. It has similar weight and dimension and may be the screen is slightly thinner at 6mm thickness. It will have multi-lingual capability and able to play Google play but still cannot play 4K Youtube and Netflix movies because the TV does not have the propriety decoders. Understand this will be launched in March 2019.

https://tinyurl.com/y7ptwdmy
only Panasonic and Sony can be trusted...........
God Poked Mary In The Butt = Jesus (Immaculate Deception)
electronic stuff can be very cheap. only problem is warranty and repair costs
buy a branded non-smart tv from sony, philips, lg... and a tv box.

the total cost is less than xiaomi tv.
Dumb TV plus TV box is best because you can keep upgrading the TV box
I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I will do my utmost to keep them alive.
Against tyrants and adversity, I will strive.
Together, a better future, we will realise......
12-1-2019 4:24 PM
MGSeow said:
Xiaomi TV is very popular in China and India but it is not in Singapore. Their flagship shop in sg does not stock Xiaomi TV at the moment. Not sure about the reason. May be our market is too small and they are busy in India and Indonesia for some reasons.

Many Singaporeans imported their Xiaomi TV from China, either package and retail them separately or buy them direct from China knowing that there are warranty problems. Most of these TV retailed has a local warranty of about 1 year. If the TV is faulty, one will have to wait more than 1 month to get it repaired provided the local retail shop is still around.

Many are attracted to buy direct from China because the price is less half that could find in Singapore; for example, a 4K UHD 65" Xiaomi TV in Lazada sg s sold for under $900/= without warranty; those with 1 year warranty may cost slightly more but still less than $1,100/=. This price is half price of that equivalent LG TV.

Some claimed that those China TVs are junks because they could not play Google Play and also 4K movies in YouTube and Netflix; moreover, the Chinese has blocked their internet services since the Trade War and many free Chinese programs are now not available to overseas audiences. Furthermore, some reported that Xiaomi TV is not as lasting and once breakdown, will get no local repairs. All these negative views are indisputable and they are true.

However, those who ventured to buy Xiaomi TV will tell that there are workarounds. Those wanted the 4K movies in Youtube or Netflix so badly can get a separate TV box for less than $90/=. Many of the favourable programs can be found in Youtube and other sites in Internet using Google Chrome and other browsers. Coming to the repairs, they will argue that the TV has only 3 component cards that one can buy them from TaoBao at less than $50/= each. Replace the cards and one would get the TV repaired. The only problem one cannot afford to repair is the TV screen but those are Samsung and LG products or equivalent Chinese products licensed to make for these companies. If one were to scout the net, one could also find similiar complains on Samsung and LG TVs.

Xiaomi started its TV manufacturing in 2013。 It broke the National record to sell 400,000 sets in one week in 2017 during the 11-11 sale. In India, its TV stocks were sold out in seconds during the launch in Feb 2018. Many claimed that to be a marketing trick. They sold about 500,000 unit in the first 6 months in 2018.

The latest is that they are coming out with TV5, the fifth generation. It has similar weight and dimension and may be the screen is slightly thinner at 6mm thickness. It will have multi-lingual capability and able to play Google play but still cannot play 4K Youtube and Netflix movies because the TV does not have the propriety decoders. Understand this will be launched in March 2019.

https://tinyurl.com/y7ptwdmy
Sooo long story ..don't buy China TV lah ..sure explode lah ..buy philips 60" TV $700+ nia ..k#@
[Image: 2dtrb6v.jpg]
[Image: 20r9tll.jpg]
I wouldnt touch xm unless there are extended warranty
12-1-2019 8:19 PM
keys said:
I wouldnt touch xm unless there are extended warranty

Yes
People today is so fortunate... tv is so cheap!!!

During the year 1970’s.... the ratio of 1 TV is share amount 40-100 people... every night, many people will gather at community center to watch B&W television.... I was 1 of them!!

Today, the ratio is 4 TV per person..... Living TV, Bedroom TV, IPad, iPhone, and some even got a tv in the bathroom!!

The world has change fast.... nailbite
12-1-2019 8:37 PM
Mark Koh said:
People today is so fortunate... tv is so cheap!!!

During the year 1970’s.... the ratio of 1 TV is share amount 40-100 people... every night, many people will gather at community center to watch B&W television.... I was 1 of them!!

Today, the ratio is 4 TV per person..... Living TV, Bedroom TV, IPad, iPhone, and some even got a tv in the bathroom!!

The world has change fast.... nailbite
Last time I bot pioneer projection TV for $6200+ Surprised
Users browsing: 3 Guest(s)